We feel blessed to have a glimpse of the Master on special occasions as ever since the onslaught of Corona pandemic we all have been deprived of physical contact with the Master for the last five months. I definitely miss those penetrating eyes of the holy Master beside his tender touch that fill me with an indefinable and inexpressible ecstasy. I bow down to him for pointing me the Source and remain prayerful at His holy feet to keep me guiding eternally. Words fall short to express this benevolence of Gurudev and the entire Masters of Kriya Yoga lineage that have been merciful enough in selecting me as one of their devotees, as I know, I am too minuscule to qualify for the same. On this special occasion, I offer as a humble offering at the lotus feet of my holy Gurudev, a collection of his words spoken on the eve of his 70th birthday celebrated on the 20th of August’ 2019 at Kalyaneshwar Mandir for the interest of all kriyabans of Raj Yoga Kriya Yoga Mission:
Though I was born on 12.1948 (as recollected) I was embodied only on 20.08.1949. Then who is more relevant- the body identified as Sudhin Ray, whose birthday you are celebrating today or the jeev? Therefore try to know the real without getting identified and mesmerized by images.
Guru is darkness. It may sound shocking as you all consider him to be Light only. However, if you observe closely, Light signifies absence of darkness and darkness signifies absence of Light and therefore the two are not opposites but complementary. The presence of one implies the absence of others. Hence do not run away from darkness, but be the Light. Dissolve into darkness for only then you can see that eternal light in the darkness.
You cannot force your desires through your Guru. He is neither for nor against your wishes. He is not an authority but only shows you the path that would be the most beneficial to you. To walk or not to walk on it is completely your choice.
I am bound to visit the house of such a disciple who is no more separate from me.
You need not tell your visions and/or progress to your Guru. He can understand by simply looking at you or by observing your behavior pattern. Hence practice kriya, regularly and devotedly.
It is important to understand when not to speak. A good Kriyaban knows when to speak as well as when to remain calm and reticent.
If you think you are not progressing, then it is good for you. At least you are not overconfident and shall do the essential for progress.
You must associate with one and all, for no one is evil. Being self-engrossed and self-enclosed in kriya is not ideal for any Kriyaban. You must not forget that whatever you do must be good for one and all.
You should try to understand the words of your Guru and also follow his behavior pattern as it is not essential that he shall answer each and every query of yours.
Before putting any query to your Guru, try to know the answers on your own. A sincere Kriyaban, who practices kriya regularly and devotedly with the right understanding, must be able to know all the answers on his own.
Be innocent like a child but be brave and wise as a man.
On 6th January 2019, Raj Yoga Kriya Yoga Mission celebrated the 83rd birth Anniversary of Param Guru Shri Maheshwari Prasad Dubey Ji. According to the Gregorian calendar, the actual birthdate is 4th January, though mission celebrates this day on Sunday which falls near to actual date so that all devotees can come and receive the grace of Param Guru.
The celebration cum seminar had the following programmes:
Flower offering to thy lotus feet of Dubey Ji
Vishnu Sahasranama (recited by Ashram female devotees)
Remembering Dubey Baba(reminiscences shared by the direct disciples)
Talks and experiences (by Ashram Devotees)
Question answer session on Kriya with Sangha Guru Dr. Sudhin Ray
Closing ceremony and refreshment distribution.
The event started with lighting a lamp before the image of Param Guru Dubey Ji. Our Gurudev lead the ceremony along with guests. After this all ashram devotees offered flowers on Dubey Baba’s image.
The next program was the recitation of the Vishnu Sahasranama from the Anushasana Parva of the Mahabharata. This musical presentation of 1,000 names of Lord Vishnu was curated by Dr. Oindri Ray, along with the other female devotees of the mission. With the Vedic chant, the entire auditorium reverberated, and the surrounding was infused by the energy. Dr. Ray also explained how Vishnu Sahasranama could help you achieve calmness and help you to concentrate during Kriya.
Then came the most awaited juncture of the event – the experiences of the direct disciples of Param Guru.
Our first speaker was Dr. H.N. Bhaduri. Dr. Bhaduri is a cancer specialist and one of the foremost disciples of Dubey Ji, who got initiated in Kriya during 1980’s. Dr. Bhaduri remembered Dubey Ji in these words – “ Gurudev always used to say, “Don’t waste a day without doing Kriya. Do your Kriya faithfully everyday and you will achieve everything which is meant for you”. I did as he said and am still following his commands. I had an ailing father and mother at home to whom I needed to nurse every night. Being a doctor and son, it was my duty to serve them, but my Guru’s command was also important. So, after finishing my duties at night, I sat for Kriya Meditation around 3 A.M., I’m following this timing till today. I had seen many people complaining to Gurudev regarding their inability of doing Kriya, due to lack of isolation at home. Dubeji said “ Do you have space in bathroom? Sit at any corner there, and do your Kriya. Do not give me excuses. “
Dr. Bhaduri further said – “Dubeyji told me, I have chosen Sudhin to carry out my work when I will be gone. I will not give you this responsibility because your profession needs more sincerity towards your patients. Sudhin is a man of unlimited capacity. He can take care of the Kriya Initiation responsibility, and bring thousands of seekers to Kriya.”
The entire auditorium reverberated with an applause, when Dr. Bhaduri finished his speech.Indeed his words were gems, and we were so fortunate to listen to him in person.
Our next speaker was Manas Chudhury. He got Kriya Initiation from Dubey Ji during mid-nineties. Manas Ji said, ”When I was initiated, I was not hundred percent convinced about the benefits of Kriya. You can say I was more of an atheist at that time. But when I sincerely started my practice, a new world opened to me. Experiences during Kriya cleared all my doubts, and I am grateful today that Dubey Ji chose me as one of his disciples.”.
After Manas Ji, disciples of Sangha Guru Dr. Sudhin Ray’s disciples, shared their experiences.
Dr.Prosenjit’s experience was quite unique and it is worth sharing. Dr. X said, “ I was associated with Kriya from some time, but somewhere during 2009, I suffered from severe headache and an uneasy experience beyond control. The situation was so severe that if I ever saw any religious symbol, for example, the Ohm symbol written somewhere on a wall, the pain occurred suddenly. Due to this situation, I stopped doing Kriya. By God’s grace I got the reference of Guruji, Dr. Sudhin Ray. When I met him, I explained that I was initiated in Kriya from another lineage, and ever since I’m practising Kriya, I am suffering from unbearable headache. Guruji took pity on me and initiated me to Kriya during the Guru Poornima of 2018. I later learned that I was not doing steps like NabhiKriya etc. Therefore, as a result of the faulty method of practice, I was suffering. But after my initiation, I can tell you today that my pain is almost gone, and I am able to do my Kriyas regularly. It is my humble suggestion, do not try to do Kriya on your own, and do not choose your Guru haphazardly. Wrong Kriya practice can harm your body and mind without your knowledge. I am blessed to find Guruji.”
Dr. Oindri Ray shared an experience which is no less than a revelation. She is the first disciple of our Gurudev. Dr. Ray narrated that, Dubey Baba commanded Gurudev to carry on the initiation of Kriya Yoga. In Dr. Oindri Ray’s words – “Being the first disciple, I witnessed the whole process. Dubey Baba was holding Gurudev from behind, and Gurudev was touching my Kutastha. I saw both Gurudev and Dubey Baba vibrating at a high frequency. That scene cannot be described in words. Dubey baba asked me to close my eyes, and I got my initiation on that day.”
Kinkar Chaudhuri explained the process of scientific side of Kriya. He explained that our body has vagus nerve, which extends from the brain-stem down to our stomach and intestines, stretching to our heart and lungs, and connecting our throat and facial muscles. Kriya yoga practices stimulate these areas of the body and can have a profound influence on the tone of the vagus nerve. In order to ensure an efficient communication between the neurons and a faster propagation of nerve impulses, some neurons are endowed with an insulating sheath called ‘myelin’. The molecular process of the synthesis of the myelin sheath is called ‘myelination’. The main purpose of the myelin sheath is to increase the speed at which the electrical impulses propagate along the myelinated neuron to the next neighbouring neuron. Myelination helps prevent the electric current from randomly leaving the axon, thereby, permitting an agile communication for long-distance signalling, and to sustain such signals.” Kinkar further said, “When we perform Pranayam, a life force through the scientific breathing technique travels upwards and downwards. It stimulates our chakras, and the friction occuring during pranayama helps myelination.
After them, Mr Bikas Kumar, Mr. Piyush, Mr. Srivastav, Mr. Avijoy Mitra, Mr. Vivek and other people shared their experiences.
Meanwhile our dear Mission member and senior Kriyaban Gopal Da was taking session on Kriya practice at the back stage. Gurudev instructed Gopla Da to clear the doubts of newly initiated Kriyabans and show them the correct techniques.
Then came the most important session when Gurudev held the microphone for the question answer session. Our beloved Gurubon, Lopa Mudra Saha, was assisting Gurudev with the questions. The most common question was how to do Kriya in busy life. Gurudev said, “When you are initiated in Kriya it means you have taken up the challenge, and promised to move ahead against all odds of life. It is no less than a battle. If you surrender to your senses, then the war is over. Always remember that this very question was raised by Arjuna in Kurukshetra. When Arjuna had his problem, we are but a common human being, and we also have to face the same question. As Arjuna followed Krishna and became victorious, we must also do Kriya everyday to win our daily battles.”
During this event 8th issue of Ashram Magazine “Anveshan” was also launched by Gurudev.
With Gurudev’s encouraging words, the event was concluded. The devotees took blessings of Gurudev and Guruma, and enjoyed the evening with savoury refreshments.
On the eve of Guru Purnima, this 27th day of July’2018, this writer has hardly anything to offer to his Guru except his deep love for him since the entire being of this writer, as he is, and all his worldly possessions acquired till date are that of his Guru’s and therefore surrendered at his holy feet! Revered Gurudev having taken extreme pity on this writer had initiated him into Kriya Yoga on the 3rd day of July’2016 a desire that this writer cherished since 2009 after falling in deep love/communion with Yogiraj Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasay after viewing his world-famous image and reading few of the available books on him. Since initiation, this writer has regularly been visiting his Master’s home or ashram for hearing his Master’s holy words apart from sharing his own experiences. Accordingly few excerpts of those holy words have been reproduced below as this writer’s humble offering to his Gurudev on this Guru Purnima:
1. Always motivate everyone to realize his highest potential; never demean anyone for demeaning is very easy and extremely wicked; every man has the potential to realize the Truth; Truth that he, as he exists, is Pure Consciousness/Pure Joy/Pure Love that unfortunately remains hidden by clouds of ignorance produced by his own false identifications/mages, that is, ego
2. To live moment to moment that is living just in this moment- that is not riding on the past while remaining in this moment or contemplating about future while remaining in this moment; to be blissful every moment; to be blissful now, that is this moment, for the entire time is in this now for you do not know any other space of time; only if you are blissful now, that is very this moment, will it be possible for you to remain blissful in some other space of time
3. Be wise; for wisdom and cleverness are not identical though nowadays people are found to be clever but not wise; wisdom is realizing that you are the master of this body-mind that is physical body, astral body, and mental body and never are all these three your master in either individual or collective capacity though at times you may have felt each one of them exercising its authority upon you; whereas cleverness is the art of getting one’s work done propelled by self-interest without knowing the self for whose interests the work is being done
4. To have only the minimum ego required for holding this physical body and dropping all ego of the astral and mental bodies since all ego are false that arises out of false identifications/ images that gather around a man in due course of his upbringing by the society
5. Never attempt at controlling anger, lust, greed, lethargy or envy for all methods of control are different forms of suppression which in turn is a form of violence- tacit and latent- that ultimately will do more harm than good to the individual; the only way to overcome these vices are by simply and directly observing the vices since their very inception; observation that is absolutely pure with no interference of thought- thought either of the matter observed or of any other matter and such observation being not mounted on past but observation of the very moment of the generation of anger, lust, greed, lethargy or jealousy and watching the same till its end for no thought can fully be controlled/overpowered by another thought however powerful the latter may be
6. To be Gurumay and know your Guru
7. Practising kriya regularly with full devotion in Gurudev and Lahiri Mahasay and remaining in the parawastha of kriya- a state reachable only after deep and sincere practice of kriya not describable in words but only subject to realisation- and then doing all sundry works by remaining in that state of Kriya ki Parawastha- for all works done from that state are nishkam karma
8. Being kind, loving and affectionate to everyone you meet; at the same time carrying the essential temperament for discharging your worldly duties either at the ground level or from some position of authority but never accumulating any malice deep down the heart with an intention to avenge or harm someone in future- that is MEJAJE THAKBE, MONE RAKBHE NA
9. Never engaging in any sort of competition with anyone (especially kriyaban) for each one will get results according to his own actions; instead focussing only on one’s own actions and practising kriya consistently and faithfully to have the fruits of kriya; except in emergency circumstances kriya should be practiced regularly two times a day as directed by Gurudev
10. Not expecting anything from anyone- not even from someone whom you consider to be the closest- for no one on this earth is as close to you as you yourself are- but that understanding comes only after realization of the self- till then you may not expect anything from anyone be it physical, mental or financial
11. Not simply believing in superstitions/dogmas/rituals for the sake of believing but always trying to understand the rationale behind the continuity of such belief systems and dropping them if felt unnecessary without making any fuss or engaging in any form of criticism/ condemnation for Lahiri Mahasay and all illumined masters alike have always avoided criticism; in fact they have shown the right Path to the inquisitive seekers and we shall ever remain grateful to them by whose grace we are on this Path
12. Not boasting of oneself by practising Kriya and claiming holier-than-thou as the same will definitely prevent you from delving deeper into this Path as the practice itself is not the Truth but the gateway to Truth and minimum pride in the practice itself will hinder you in realising the Truth; actually the whole gist of Kriya Yoga is stilling the mind/cessation of the mind by stilling the breath (YOGASCHITTWRITTINIRODAH: Patanjali Yogasutra 2)- that is making the body-mind vessel appropriate/fit to receive the ultimate; only a subtle mind can delve deeper into revealing the Truth that can only be known and never be described
13. If someone is wrong or appears to be incorrect in his justifications then always making/putting forth one’s points politely for bringing into picture his said mistakes but never criss-crossing him directly as it may hurt the person and prevent him from expressing himself further which may have something beneficial for all
14. This creation/evolution is very beautiful/lovable but the same can be realized only by remaining in the Parawastha of Kriya because then you will be able to visualize this whole creation coming out of nothingness and vanishing into nothingness and you as a particle of that creation has nothing much to do except discharging your worldly duties playfully and joyfully with no entanglements since all entanglements/identifications/attachments are your own self-created images and not existential; however you will not remain oblivious of your duties since the very duty then will be joy
15. Not showing off one’s wealth or knowledge for all acquired things are earthly and unreal; even those practicing kriya should avoid discussing amongst themselves their experiences as their said experiences may be just mere hallucinations/imaginations and therefore influence others in a wrong way; all such experiences must be shared with Gurudev who only can tell whether such experiences are real or imaginary and accordingly guide such kriyabans in the right direction
16. If for some actions committed in the past one feels guilty/embarrassed the same should never be discussed publicly nor should the doer condemn himself or repent for the same; at most the same may be shared with Gurudev and after deep observation the same may be forgone/ dropped completely with the right understanding for it is never too late to correct oneself on this Path
17. Though sincere kriyabans are always under the sight of Gurudev, visiting one’s Guru at his place or ashram will immensely help the kriyaban as the place where Gurudev stays has immense positive vibrations that will definitely benefit such kriyabans
18. At no cost a householder shall sacrifice his worldly duties for advancing on this Path since his family members remain dependent on him; as such following the example of Yogiraj a sincere kriyaban must maintain a balance between his worldly duties and his duties towards himself that he comes to know after getting initiated into Kriya Yoga
19. Women are the embodiment of love and are Mother and as such, they should be respected and adored by all; it is the duty of all householders especially the kriyabans to respect all women and regard them as their Mother
20. Not accepting anything at face value but questioning all and sundry with reasoning and commonsense and finding solutions to such questions without bothering Gurudev; if one practices kriya faithfully he will get all answers to his questions for all solutions lie hidden in the problems themselves- one just needs the clarity and understanding to notice them; reading lesser number of books and practising more kriya is a surer way to wisdom and Truth as all knowledge acquired from books is borrowed and never self-realised; only a self-realized man is wise as he knows the Truth.